all season tires advice - winter tires dimension instead...

Tekniska frågor och svar om Corvetter 1997-2004
Francois.Pettorelli
Nykomling
Nykomling

all season tires advice - winter tires dimension instead...

Inlägg av Francois.Pettorelli »

hello all, (sorry I don't speak swedish well enough and my keyboard does not even have the special letters :oops:, you can answer in swedish or english as you prefer)
I am new in the corvette "tobe" community in Göteborg. I am reflecting to buy a C5 soon and need your help and local experience to ease the decision.

I want to be able to drive the car all season except on dangerous ice and snow condition (in which I would not drive any car anyway :? ). I am therefore looking at tires for all season for an ordinary C5 convertible. do you have any good tips and brand/model advices available in Sweden?
I am lost in between sommardäck and friktion vinterdäck .... where would I find the all season?

thank you in advance for your answers,
regards,
Francois
Senast redigerad av Francois.Pettorelli den ons nov 14, 2018 8:13, redigerad totalt 1 gånger.
Francois.Pettorelli
Nykomling
Nykomling

Re: all season tires advice- winter tires instead....

Inlägg av Francois.Pettorelli »

Looks like all season tires are not allowed for winter driving in Sweden, anyway it is not possible to have a Y speed index in the European all season tires, which makes them illegal for the summer period.
So now I am up for normal winter tires. Anyone has the experience on a C5? The 275/40-18 is almost impossible to find in winter. The circonference is equal to 245/45-18 or similar to 255/45-18, but do they fit on the standard C5 rim?
Thank you to share your experience.
Mvh,
Francois
Skriv svar