Sommarmöte 2014

Prata om klubbens årliga sommarmöte, förslag och idéer till förbättring, förnyelse eller bara prata minnen.
groovyjay
Nykomling
Nykomling
Kontakt:

Sommarmöte 2014

Inlägg av groovyjay »

Hej,

We are planning on attending the Swedish Sommarmöte again next summer. If I've understood correctly it will be held in TanumStrand, Grebbestad.

Does anyone know the exact date yet? There seems to be at least 10 cars willing to make this trip next summer, so I'm trying to get as much information as early as possible, so people can start to plan the summer vacations.

We are also planning on going to Koenigsegg for a plant tour, so I need to let them know when we would be arriving. Has anyone taken their plant tour? Is it worth it? We are heading to Denmark for a quick spin before returning to Sweden, does anyone have any good suggestions on where to stay/visit/eat, this is pretty much our planned tour at this point:
Bild

I think we can do the tour in both ways, so we could head down south first, then Denmark, then Koenigsegg and then the sommarmöte or maybe the other way around.

Hope to see many of you guys again next summer!

GJ and the Finns
Senast redigerad av groovyjay den fre jun 20, 2014 13:05, redigerad totalt 1 gånger.
groovyjay
Nykomling
Nykomling
Kontakt:

Re: Sommarmöte 2014

Inlägg av groovyjay »

Does anyone have the exact date for next summers sommarmöte? Thanks.
Peter Anjou
Corvettefanatiker
Corvettefanatiker

Inlägg av Peter Anjou »

Hallo !

CCS - summer meet is in June, 12 - 15.
groovyjay
Nykomling
Nykomling
Kontakt:

Inlägg av groovyjay »

Tusen tack!
Användarens profilbild
andsan
Corvetteälskare
Corvetteälskare

Inlägg av andsan »

Hallo groovyjay.

Nice that you will visit the summermeet.

When or if you are planning to drive from Helsingör in Denmark and south over the bridge in to swededn i have a suggestion about that.

From Helsingör and down to the bridge i think you should drive through the so called "coastroad" in Denmark.
The rod number is 152.
You can look at it in Google Map if you want.
It´s a very nice and beatiful road, i really recommend it.

It´s close to Copenhagen so a visit there should not take any extra time for you.

Regards:
Anders Sandin
Anders Sandin
2009 Cab
Arctic White
president
Nykomling
Nykomling

Inlägg av president »

Hello Jani and the Finns

The Summermeet start the 12 of Juni 2014. You can make a reservation at our website www.clubcorvette.se from the 13 of April 10.00 am.

See you att the 40 aneversy summermeet

Christer Woxberg
groovyjay
Nykomling
Nykomling
Kontakt:

Inlägg av groovyjay »

andsan skrev:Hallo groovyjay.

Nice that you will visit the summermeet.

When or if you are planning to drive from Helsingör in Denmark and south over the bridge in to swededn i have a suggestion about that.

From Helsingör and down to the bridge i think you should drive through the so called "coastroad" in Denmark.
The rod number is 152.
You can look at it in Google Map if you want.
It´s a very nice and beatiful road, i really recommend it.

It´s close to Copenhagen so a visit there should not take any extra time for you.

Regards:
Anders Sandin
Tack för tipset Anders,

We will definitely drive the Road 152, looks like it will be very beautiful scenery. Is there a ferry line operating between Helsingborg - Helsingör? Are the ferries big enough for 20 Corvettes? ;)
groovyjay
Nykomling
Nykomling
Kontakt:

Inlägg av groovyjay »

president skrev:Hello Jani and the Finns

The Summermeet start the 12 of Juni 2014. You can make a reservation at our website http://www.clubcorvette.se from the 13 of April 10.00 am.

See you att the 40 aneversy summermeet

Christer Woxberg
That is great info Christer. At this point you might have over 20 Corvettes from Finland attending your big celebration. Can't wait to be there.
Användarens profilbild
andsan
Corvetteälskare
Corvetteälskare

Inlägg av andsan »

Hej igen groovyjay

Here i think you can get the information you need about the ferry between Helsingborg and Helsingör.

http://www.scandlines.se/tider-och-pris ... -helsingör

Regards:
Anders Sandin
Anders Sandin
2009 Cab
Arctic White
Användarens profilbild
427cobra
Corvetteälskare
Corvetteälskare

Inlägg av 427cobra »

Here is a nice place to stay a night or two just outside Helsingborg, Fleninge Classic Motel. A motel in good condition from the fifties or sixties where you park the car just outside the room. Have spent several nights there the last two years with our Corvette.

http://www.motellhelsingborg.se/hem.htm
http://www.booking.com/hotel/se/flening ... 2032fdf4X1

//Sam
There is no substitute for cubic inches...

C7 Stingray Z51 Convertible Aut. 2016
C5 Commemorative Edition Convertible Aut. 2004 - Såld
AC 427 Cobra replika - Såld
groovyjay
Nykomling
Nykomling
Kontakt:

Inlägg av groovyjay »

Thanks guys, you are making this too easy for us! :mrgreen:
Användarens profilbild
andsan
Corvetteälskare
Corvetteälskare

Inlägg av andsan »

Hallo again.

Just ask.
We will help you the best we can.
Anders Sandin
2009 Cab
Arctic White
groovyjay
Nykomling
Nykomling
Kontakt:

Inlägg av groovyjay »

I hope all of you have had a nice winter and are already seeing the signs of summer right around the corner. Our summer tour is also getting closer and most of us, me included, are still hard at work on those winter projects.

I wanted to check with you guys if any of you might have suggestion on where to visit/stay the night on the sunday 15th after the Corvette Meet in Grebbestad. We are heading to Stockholm after the meet, but we might stay somewhere in between Grebbestad and Stockholm before taking a Viking Line back to Helsinki. Looks like Karlstad is right there, any nice places to see or visit in Karlstad? All suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in advance

See you soon!
Bild
My winter project
Borgen52
Corvettefantast
Corvettefantast

Inlägg av Borgen52 »

Hello !
If you will stay in Linköping call me.
I will also be at the summer meet.

Regards
Lars Borgström

Phone 0046(0)768069047
groovyjay
Nykomling
Nykomling
Kontakt:

Inlägg av groovyjay »

Borgen52 skrev:Hello !
If you will stay in Linköping call me.
I will also be at the summer meet.

Regards
Lars Borgström

Phone 0046(0)768069047
Hi Lars,

We will be driving through Linköping on our way to Jönköping for our first night in Sweden. So we'll see you at the Sommar Meet! :mrgreen:
groovyjay
Nykomling
Nykomling
Kontakt:

Inlägg av groovyjay »

Hello everybody,

we have finally parked our cars back home and now it's time to look back to everything we experienced during our road trip to Grebbestad. It's always exciting to go on these long trips and this time it was even more exciting for me since I literately finished my Grand Sport 1 hour before we left to Viking Line Ferry!!! This has been a 10 year long project and I did absolutely NO test driving before we left... :mrgreen:

Bild

That's my car parked along the other vettes on the docks of Helsingfors.

Bild

Bild

We had a group of 9 vettes which consisted 6 mid years, 1 C3 and 2 C5's.

Bild

Here's our group just about to leave Stockholm, the weather was just perfect for driving a roadster. 8)

Bild

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od8URAakpCM

On the road again. :arrow:

No real drama on the first day, just easy to cruising from ferry to another ferry. We had booked our first night stay in the Gyllene Uttern and we visited Gränna and Visingsö. Can't say enough how nice that little island is, hot summer night, group of friends enjoying the cruise around the island, good meal and drinks afterwards, doesn't get much better than that.

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

So that was DAY 1.
groovyjay
Nykomling
Nykomling
Kontakt:

Inlägg av groovyjay »

DAY 2 started our real nice and sunny but after a healthy breakfast the clouds started gathering and it was getting darker by the minute. Traveling with a car with no roof and not much of windscreen can give you second thoughts when the weather gets bad. But that's part of the fun in my opinion. So we got a little wet (soaked :)) on our way to the second night accommodation, which in this case turned out to be one of the highlights of this trip. We got lost only once trying to find our way to the Kronovall vinslott near Tomelilla. But it was well worth getting wet on the way there. That place is a paradise. We had booked for wine testing, 6 course dinner and castle tour. They really took good care of us from the get go. It was a place none of us wanted to leave. But we had to leave the following morning to stay on schedule.

Bild

Cars parked in front of the castle.

Bild

Afternoon tea was to die for.

Bild

View from my room was spectacular.

Bild

'Glass on Grass. :mrgreen:

Bild

Sparkling wine tasting in the wine cellar was a nice appetizer.

Bild

Bild

Red wine tasting.

Bild

Chef gave us a little pep talk on what to expect on dinner.

Bild

Bild

Dinner time.

Bild

After hours and hours of shoveling food in our mouths it was time for some sleep.

End of DAY 2
Senast redigerad av groovyjay den sön jun 22, 2014 8:30, redigerad totalt 1 gånger.
groovyjay
Nykomling
Nykomling
Kontakt:

Inlägg av groovyjay »

3rd day started kind of misty in Kronovall, not sure if it was just the weather or was the 6 course dinner and wine tasting playing a role here as well. :lol: After another hefty breakfast it was time to start the engines and head further down south to Ystad. We didn't find Wallander there, but we sure managed to enjoy the beautiful town of Ystad and the coast line to Trellborg. Nice to see palm trees and having the sun shining it made us feel like we were driving in the French Rivieras.

Bild

We kept driving south along the coast to the point we couldn't go any further without getting out feet wet. So we decided to stop for some ice cream before leaving Sweden for the night.

Bild

Bild

Bild

So next hurdle was to find our way to Malmö and the little bridge that would take us to Denmark. It quickly became pretty obvious to us that the bridge was not that little... It was huge! The bridge alone made the trip to Denmark worth while.

Bild

Bild

After surviving the bridge we navigated through Köpenhagen and managed to find ourselves a nice hotel along the strandvejen in Skodsborg. Thanks for this tip goes to a forum member here. This place was an absolute gem. No matter where you looked everything was so picturesque. The bright blue sky on top of the turquoise sea, beautiful beach with drop dead gorgeous houses every where.

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

After checking into the hotel we headed back on the road and drove along the cost up to Helsingör. We went to visit the Kronoborg castle, which is also called the Hamlet castle. Wow, was the first word on everyones mind when we arrived there. Another nice place to visit for those who are thinking about going to Denmark.

Bild

Bild

Bild

After the tour in the castle we sat down for a nice dinner in the Helsingör harbor.

Of course this was the night that the Football world cup started so we arranged a football studio back at the hotel with some drinks and snacks. Talking about being on a vacation. 8)

So that was the end of DAY3
groovyjay
Nykomling
Nykomling
Kontakt:

Inlägg av groovyjay »

DAY 4

Bild

Noah's Ark in Helsingör might have been a sign of a great flood to come. :lol:

This was one of the most long awaited days of this trip because we would start from Denmark, take a ferry over to Helsingborg before heading to Ängelnholm to the Hypercar factory tour at Koenigsegg and heading to Tanum Strand for the night, So a lot was on our plate for the day, not just on our breakfast plates. Sun was out again when we started our cars in Skodsborg, but the sky suddenly started to get dark, really dark on the ferry to Sweden.

As soon as we hit the docks of Helsingborg it started drizzling down, a little drizzle never hurt no one. :wink: Of course it was still early in the morning when we arrived back to sweden and it was the morning rush hour. And of course it was there and then the rain started pouring. I do mean POURING. After few seconds we were thoroughly soaked from head to toe and we were still stuck in traffic. At this point our car had turned into a bathtub, too bad we forgot the bath bubbles and the rubber duck. It kept raining really heavy all through the traffic but the skies cleared as soon as we got out of town... :roll:

We made a quick pit stop at a gas station before we headed back on the road and headed to Ängelholm. No better way to dry your clothes than driving a roadster on a freeway under the hot sun. When we arrived at the Koenigsegg facility we were greeted by few fellow club members who had made their way to Ängelholm just to see the supercar factory.

Bild

Bild

Bild

Our tour guide was Mrs. Koenigsegg, her husband was in Malaysia opening a new dealership so we had to settle for the Mrs. :wink:
The tour gave us a step by step insight of how these magnificent cars are build, or handcrafted I should say. Each car truly is an individual masterpiece. The most impressive car currently on their fleet is the new 1:1 which means 1380Kg weight and 1380hp power. There was one being built for a certain hotel heir, all black carbon with pink stripes might give you a clue of who we are talking about. :lol:

We agreed not to take any pics during the factory tour, but we were allowed to take some in the showroom.

Bild

Bild

Bild

Very impressive tour ended with champagne and some appetizers before getting back in our cars and heading north to the CCS Summer Meet.

Bild

Bild

Sun just kept getting hotter by the hour and when we arrived to the Corvette Meet it felt like the skin on my face was 2 sizes too small for it. That the price you have to pay I guess, but who's complaining. Making it to Grebbestad was one of the highlights of this trip. Some of our group had been attending the Swedish Corvette meet in the past and we knew what to expect, but still it was like a hammer in the head how well everything was organized. It all worked like a well oiled machine even with around 1000 participants. The Swedish Corvette club celebrated their 40th anniversary and they really did it with style. The location, the weather, the cars and the people couldn't have been any better.

We were almost ashamed to park our dirty cars next to the shiny Corvettes of the Swedes but still they didn't seem to mind and we got to talk the universal Corvette language with the Swedes all through the weekend and that's the best part of this hobby. No matter where you are in the world, you'll still find a common language when Corvettes are involved. :lol:

Bild

This reminded me of the 56 I build few years ago, one of the many beautiful cars we came across during the weekend.

Bild

C7's were also present. One of the best things about Corvette is the long and rich history. So much has happened between C1-7.

Bild

As much as I like all 7 generations the Mid Years still, to me, represents the best car design ever to leave Detroit or anywhere else for that matter. My current project is a 1963 fuelie Split Window and getting up and close with a fully restored example really made my weekend.

Night ended with nice dinner and music late into the night. 8)

End of DAY 4
groovyjay
Nykomling
Nykomling
Kontakt:

Inlägg av groovyjay »

DAY 5

The morning in Tanum Strand started just as sunny as most of the days on our trip. After yet another all-out-breakfast we headed back on the road and did one of those rallies where you drive around the beautiful scenery and you'll need to stop at certain check points for a pop quiz or driving skill test. Great fun, even though the questions made no sense to us. :lol: It was nice to cruise around and see how nice the West coast of Sweden really is.

Bild

Bild

After getting the back to Tanum Strand everyone parked their cars in lines organized for each generation. Almost 400 vettes in a nice setting is always good fun in my book. It took whole day just to trying to see each car and having juicy burgers for lunch kept the hunger away until the awards Gala.

Bild

Bild

Bild

Awards dinner was just as awesome as everything the CCS does, food was brilliant, drinks were cold, atmosphere hot and the company to share all this with was just perfect. Live music and dancing into the wee-wee hours made sure Mr.Sandman came knocking as soon as we got back to our cabins.

End of DAY 5
groovyjay
Nykomling
Nykomling
Kontakt:

Inlägg av groovyjay »

DAY 6

Sunday morning started with the usual, monster-of-a-breakfast, sun shine and Corvettes. We were not in a rush to get out of Grebbestad, so we packed the cars and lined out to leave or fellow Swedes. We waved for goodbye and headed to our next stop, which would be in Örebro. Before getting there we filled our cars at a local gas station. I think the owner was having a field day, they also gave us premium on the price of regular and piles of Gulf stickers. :wink:

Bild

Since we were not in a hurry, just like we hadn't been once on this trip (this was a vacation, not a race ;)) we stopped here and there where we found something nice. Here we stopped just out Åmal by the lake for icecream.

Bild

After checking into our hotel it turned out to be another spectacular view from the hotel window.

Bild

The Örebro castle was right across the street from our hotel. It was already closed when we got there, but that was alright, since we had planned going there the following morning anyway. For the night we had planned a nice stroll along the river, great food at Paco's and more drinks.

Bild

:wink:

DAY 7

Last morning in Sweden started with a drizzle, but since we weren't in a hurry, we enjoyed our last proper breakfast in Sweden, went to see the castle and after the sun came out it was time to get our cars out and head to Stockholm.

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Trip from Örebro to Stockholm was another nice blast through nice scenery. Here's pictures of our cars.

Bild

Nice 64 coupe with LS3 and 5-speed along with other mods. Never missed a beat on this trip.

Bild

There's also more than meets the eye done to this awesome C5 that joined us on this trip.

Bild

You have to look hard to find any flaws with this C5 Z.

Bild

Nice and original 63 convertible. No worries even with the old school engine and transmission.

Bild

Dream car for many of us. Real 67 Big Block, now with a 5 speed for these longer journeys.

Bild

Another Big Block monster. 1972 with 4-speed and ZL1 stripe.

Bild

This silver/red 65 coupe was restored couple of years ago and has seen a lot of road since.

Bild

My other car on this trip was my 65 coupe, LSX+5-speed etc. Friend of mine had to settle for this car since his own car broke down just as we were getting ready to go.

Bild

And here's me giving thumbs up to all our friends in Sweden and thank you for having us at your 40th anniversary party.

On behalf of all the Finnish Corvette Owners, Thank you!

End of the trip.

PS: It was nice to come back to Finland and get snowed on!!! Yes it was actually snowing heavily when we got back, and mind you that this is mid June!!!
Användarens profilbild
427cobra
Corvetteälskare
Corvetteälskare

Inlägg av 427cobra »

Thanks for sharing your diary and pics from the trip :D Welcome back with your nice cars next year!!!
There is no substitute for cubic inches...

C7 Stingray Z51 Convertible Aut. 2016
C5 Commemorative Edition Convertible Aut. 2004 - Såld
AC 427 Cobra replika - Såld
fsahm
Nykomling
Nykomling

Inlägg av fsahm »

Hello,

when will be the Sommarmöte in 2015?
I did hear from Gisela and Helmut, what it wil be in Öland, right?

If there will be any Information, please let me know ( fsahm@arcor.de )

Thanks
Friedel
Tomten
Corvetteälskare
Corvetteälskare

Inlägg av Tomten »

Hello Friedel,

Strand Hotell - Borgholm - Öland is the place to be Jun 11-14 2015

Herzlich willkommen

/Tomten = der Weihnachtsmann :wink:
indy
Nykomling
Nykomling

Inlägg av indy »

Hello groovyjay, I need to get in touch with you finnish Corvette friends. Send me your mailadress to editor@clubcorvette.se

Br Ingvar
Tomten
Corvetteälskare
Corvetteälskare

Inlägg av Tomten »

Hej Ingvar,

Har du provat

jay@c3-r.com

/Tomten
Skriv svar